Friday, May 25, 2012

“It's easier to die than to move ... at least for the Other Side you don't need trunks.” ― Angle of Repose by Wallace Stegner

It's amazing the things you can forget that you forgot.

I am in the middle of a move. I hate moving. Is there really anyone out there who likes to move? I mean, sure, we all relish the idea of a little change- bigger house, bigger yard perhaps, having a garage when you didn't have one before, fresh start in a nice new neighborhood. But the actual moving part just plain sucks. And to tell the truth, I kinda feel as if I've been in the mode of moving for the better part of a year. A year.

I got remarried last summer, so there was the moving-in of his things into my tiny apartment with me and my two kids. Then we had to work on getting his old apartment cleared-out & cleaned-up. A short while later we had what you might call a trial-run living in a condo with a friend as landlord, & needless to say this did not work for long. So we moved-in temporarily/indefinitely with my parents. We've been here for six months, contemplating our next move, isn't that punny? Which was fine for a while, except that 80% of what we own has been in storage the whole time. Now how does that line go?.....

You never know what you've got.....'til it's stuck in a box in the back of a 10x15 unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment